Samantha Galea is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee with Spergel, providing debt relief services in Brampton, Ontario, Canada. She is also a Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional and holds a Master of Arts.
From summer student to Trustee, Samantha has been working with Spergel since 2010 and began articling with us in Toronto before relocating to manage our Brampton office.
With her background in history and socio-politics, Samantha is committed to breaking the stigma associated with bankruptcy and insolvency by raising awareness of the various legitimate (and underestimated) reasons for why many well-intentioned Canadians often find themselves in financial hardship.
Samantha also utilizes this unique background and skill set as she works with individuals and families to teach them all of the options available in Canada to deal with debt and collections agencies, helping them understand the pros, cons, and steps to financial freedom that are involved in the bankruptcy and consumer proposal processes.
Outside of the office, Samantha is an avid history lover and traveler, having studied in Eastern Europe before completing her Masters degree in Italy and Malta.
Samantha Galea’s Professional Credentials
M.A., CIRP, Licensed Insolvency Trustee
Articles by Samantha Galea
- What is debt forgiveness in Canada?
- How To Save Money in Canada
- Are Collection Agencies Allowed to Call You at Work?
- FOMO And the Rise of Social Media Induced Debt
- Debt Collectors 101 – Don’t Be Scared
- How to Get Help with Student Loan Debt
- Your Budget: 3 Ways to Save on Summer’s Final Long Weekend
- 5 Budgeting Tips for Post-Secondary Students
- 5 Garden-Inspired Budgeting Tips For Healthy Personal Finances
- Consumer Proposal Reviews and Experiences