Alan Spergel is the founder and president of Spergel, with its headquarters in Toronto, Ontario. Like his partners, Alan is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee. He is also a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, and holds other distinguished certifications in the fields of law and finance.
Alan’s guiding philosophy has always been to treat people with dignity while assisting them with sensitive financial problems. There are many reasons why individuals and families fall upon hard times financially. So, it is not our place to judge – it is our place to help. From the first person he assisted more than 30 years ago – to present – Alan has shared this philosophy with his team, creating a caring environment for all.
As a respected leader in his industry and community, Alan is a past chair of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals. He has also served on the Superintendent of Bankruptcy Management Board. More recently, he has been appointed as Chairman of the Board for the Humber River Hospital Foundation. And, always a supporter of multiple charities, Alan ensures that Spergel gives back to our communities in more ways than debt relief alone.
When not at work leading his team, he enjoys golf, tennis, skiing and time with his grandchildren.
Alan Spergel’s Professional Credentials
CPA, CA, FCIRP, CFE, Licensed Insolvency Trustee, Managing Partner
Articles by Alan Spergel
- What is a Stay of Proceedings?
- November Is Financial Literacy Month in Canada
- Licensed Insolvency Trustee: What is a LIT?
- Money Troubles – How to Spot Them and Avoid Money Problems
- Insolvency vs Bankruptcy: What is the Difference?
- Rising Interest Rates – What Can You Do?
- Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act: What do you need to know?
- Understanding Preferential Payments & Why It Isn’t Ok to Pay Overdraft to Keep your Bank Account
- Bankruptcy Help Begins With an LIT – Meet Our Team
- When Bankruptcy Ends: What’s Next?