Gillian Goldblatt is a Licensed Insolvency Trustee in Toronto, Ontario. She is also a Chartered Accountant, Certified Public Accountant, and Chartered Insolvency and Restructuring Professional.
As an understanding and compassionate LIT, Gillian is known for her thoroughness when answering people’s bankruptcy and consumer proposal questions. So much so, that she was awarded the New Member’s Award of Merit by CAIRP in 2020. This award acknowledges LITs who have brought excellence to their profession.
Currently, Gillian is the President of the Ontario Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Practitioners board and a trusted member of the Canadian Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professional’s Consumer Practice Committee. She is also part of the ReferToHer LIT list.
With her wealth of experience helping individuals and businesses get out of debt and back on track with their finances, Gillian is regularly quoted and interviewed in the media:
- “Canadian Seniors Piling on Debt” (BNN Interview)
- “Already pinched, many Canadians anxious about higher rates” (Globe and Mail article)
- “Debt management solutions” (Prosper Canada Webinar)
- “Demystifying the Insolvency Process” (Luminari’s LumiQ Podcast)
Gillian Goldblatt’s Professional Credentials
CPA, CA, CIRP, Licensed Insolvency Trustee, Partner
Articles by Gillian Goldblatt
- Bankruptcy or debt consolidation: which is best for me?
- How Long Does Bankruptcy Stay on Your Credit Report?
- Grocery Budget Tips: 5 Cool Weather Ideas to Save Money
- Holiday Spending – Six Spergel Survival Tips
- Budgeting for School – Make Back to School a Breeze
- Budget and Savings – Summer Festival Tips
- What is Debt Consolidation?
- Spring Budgeting Debt Help – Mother’s Day Savings Ideas
- Budget Hacks: Valentine’s Day Hacks to Save Money